Celebrate Recovery (CR) is a 12-Step biblical program based on the 8 recovery principles.
Celebrate Recovery is:
- “Forward looking”
- Centered on a spiritual commitment to Jesus Christ
- A safe environment
How do I begin?
- Join us Monday nights at Calvary Baptist Church!
- 105 Garland Dr, Staunton, VA 24401
(Enter through Crosstown, opposite the Children’s Playground)
- 7:00 PM – Worship & teaching
- 8:00 PM – Gender specific groups
- 9:00 PM – Fellowship
Doesn’t “Recovery” mean I need to be recovering from alcohol or drugs?
- No. This ministry is for all types of problems and addictions which are unhealed, unmet, or unresolved. Confidential, safe environment. Problems such as: overeating, overworking, overspending, sexual addiction, depression, co-dependency, drug/alcohol addiction, anger, fear/anxiety, past sexual abuse, controlling behavior, hurtful relationship, guilt/shame, gambling, insecurity, divorce, and pornography.
Who leads this ministry?
- Christians, who understand the challenges you’re facing, have taken the time to be trained in the 12-step program and care enough to want to help.
How can Celebrate Recovery help me?
- By linking its four main components (fellowship, Bible study, worship/teaching, and support), you will discover a defense against sin and experience a fresh start from any difficulty which may be preventing you from living the life God intended for you. It is only through the saving grace of God that healing will begin and a new direction for your life will emerge. Ultimately we can become free from our addictive, compulsive, and dysfunctional behaviors, bringing peace, serenity, joy, and most importantly a stronger personal relationship with God and others.
The Things We Are
- A safe place to share, a refuge, a place of belonging, a place to care for others and be cared for
- Where respect is given to each member
- Where confidentiality is highly regarded
- A safe place to learn
- A place to grow and become strong again
- A place where you can take off your mask
- A place for healthy challenges and healthy risks
- A possible turning point in your life
The Things We Are Not
- A place for selfish control, therapy, or secrets
- A place to look for dating relationships or a place to rescue or be rescued by others
- A place for perfection, a long-term commitment, or a quick fix
- A place to judge others
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the church office at 540.885.5512